The District Council of Streaky Bay celebrates Australia Day with community on 26 January each year.
The venue is at the Streaky Bay Foreshore Lawns, Alfred Terrace (in front of the Hotel) or the Streaky Bay Jetty Platform (depending on the weather).
The celebrations begin at 8.00 am until approximately 9.30 with Councillors and staff cooking a sizzling FREE Aussie Breakfast.
Following the breakfast a Flag Raising Ceremony is conducted where the flag is raised by the previous Citizen of the Year.
Awards presented at 9.30am
- Australia day citizen award
- Australia day young citizen award
- Community achievement of the year award
- Business of the year award and;
- Christmas by the Sea award
It is always a fun morning and all visitors and locals are welcome.
Be an ‘Aussie’ and just ‘Roll Up’.