Perlubie Sports Day 2018
January 1, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 8:00 pm$5
Perlubie Beach Sports held since 1914 and celebrated each year on New Years Day is an event with a character and quirkiness all of its own.
On New Years Day locals and visitors in and around Streaky Bay flock to Perlubie Beach for the ‘must experience’ event to bring in the New Year.
A varied athletic program commences at 11 am (tide permitting) with a 1600 Open Endurance Race and flat races within specified divisions on the beach.
- Plank Race (Teams of four)
- Perlubie Swim with different age groups commencing at approximately 1pm. A run and swim of approximately 250 metres from the beach to the ‘blue-line’. Great prize money to be won . Prizemoney of $100 in the Open divisions.
- Netball Throwing
- Stump Throwing
- High Jump
- Perlubie Iron Guts Open
- Stepping the Distance
- Throwing the Rolling-Pin
- Ideal Beach Girl Under 6 Years
- Mr. Muscles Under 6 Years
- Beach Volley Ball (Teams of 4 to be nominated by 2pm for Senior and Junior Divisions)
- Tug-o-war competition starts at approximately 4pm (Teams of four with four divisions to cater for the whole family – this a a great highlight of the day)
What to know to come prepared for Perlubie Sports Day?
- Gates open at 9am, Adults $5, Pensioners $3,Children under 15 years FREE
- FREE community bus leaves from the CStreaky Bay Foreshore Tourist Park and the Streaky Bay Hotel Motel Car Park runs at regular intervals throughout the day from approximately 10am
- Last bus leaves the beach at approximately 8.30pm
- Unauthorised vehicles and dogs are not allowed on the beach
- The much coveted Seafood raffle is drawn on the hour between 1pm and 4pm
- Food and licensed refreshments are on sale all day
- Steak Sandwiches
- Hot Dogs
- Cool Drinks
- Chips and Lollies
Fundraising proceeds are awarded to local charities.
Perlubie Sports Committee
Streaky Bay SA 5680
08 8626 1708
(Fax 08 8626 6927)
How to get there
Head East out of Streaky Bay on the sealed Flinders Highway, B100 for approximatley 7km. Turn Left onto the sealed Flinders Highway, B100 and travel for another 13km. The Perlubie Landing turn off is to the Left (at the top of the hill near the information bay) Follow signs to the Perlubie Beach Sport Day gate to pay and receive parking instructions.