Want to be the face of #streakybay to market and promote the Streaky Bay region?
Streaky Bay Tourism in partnership with the District Council of Streaky Bay, Regional Development Australia Whyalla and Eyre Peninsula (RDAWEP) through the SATC Cooperative Marketing Fund will undertake a tourism photo shoot to create digital content with highly regarded Eyre Peninsula photographer Robert Lang.
Streaky Bay Tourism are seeking talent models to be the faces of a tourism photo shoot in the Streaky Bay region on Monday 27 and Tuesday 28 February and; Wednesday 1 and Thursday 2 March, 2017.
They are seeking to engage at least to 2 families (any gender of parents, children and/or pets), more mature couple/s (any gender) and up to 4 youth (any gender 13 years and over) to be the faces of #streakybay.
People who express an interest may be selected to partake in various photo sessions over the four days.
The tentative schedule is:
- Day 1 – Monday 27 February, 2017, Tyringa to Westall Way Loop and everything in between
- Day 2 – Tuesday 28 February, 2017, Back Beach, Cape Bauer loop and some coastal shoots in and around the bay
- Day 3 – Wednesday 1 March, 2017, Streaky Bay and the CBD
- Day 4 – Thursday 2 March, 2017, Eba, Perlubie, Haslam, Wirrulla and Poochera
Jayne Holland, President, Streaky Bay Tourism says, “We want to capture, excite and inspire people to visit our region. As part of our vision we have been developing this project for some time now. Due to the perfect weather and tight funding timelines we are asking for locals to help out at short notice. The photography shoot has been subsidised by the SATC Cooperative Marketing Fund and so we really want to take advantage of the offer. Robert Lang is a talented photographer with a unique understanding of tourism in the region. Streaky Bay Tourism aims to have an edge in the marketing and promotion or our region by producing a professional suite of stunning images.”
What you need to know
Volunteers will be required to:
- Be available, on call and contactable during the four scheduled shooting days
- All persons 17 years and under must be accompanied by an adult or caregiver and have permission to be absent from school or other commitments on shooting days
- Travel in the photography team support vehicle or provide your own transport at your own cost
- Complete a volunteer registration/image consent form
- Agree to an honorary fee of $50 (for persons 13 years & over) or $20 (for persons 12 years and under) per morning or afternoon session (approximately four hours per session)
- Wear appropriate clothing for the photo shoot and acknowledge that the;
- Schedule may be moved around depending on weather conditions.
What to do next
If you would like to be a part of this fun photo shoot and earn some pocket money at the same time please contact Jayne Holland on 0477 003 540 at the earliest convenience.
Streaky Bay Tourism acknowledges the generous in-kind accommodation support for the Streaky Bay Tourism photo shoot project provided by our valued tourism members:
The Streaky Bay Hotel Motel with a wide range of accommodation, food, refreshment and entertainment services in the heart of the CBD
The new Perlubie Sea luxury eco villas overlooking the bay