- This event has passed.
new start time for Family Fish Day 2018
January 6, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am
Streaky Bays Family Fish Day will go ahead tomorrow Saturday 6 January 2018 with new start and finish times.
Due to predicted hot weather and high winds the new times are:
- Register from 8:15am
- Start time 8:30am
- Finish time 11:30am
*Please note that if the forecast high winds pick up before 11:30am Streaky Bay Tourism may make a decision to close the event for safety reasons.
Streaky Bay Tourism stages the popular Family Fish Day on the iconic Streaky Bay Jetty and the best part is that entry is FREE!
There are big cash prizes in 2018 for keen anglers who land the big one or two off the jetty.
Prize money categories this year are:
- $100 for the heaviest scale fish caught
- $50 for the heaviest scale fish runner–up
- $10 for the heaviest fish caught for each category and;
- $5 to participants who catch three different species of fish
- Registered anglers 18 yrs & under will receive a prize bag
- A rod and reel is awarded to the unluckiest angler and;
- On the spot giveaways for those serious anglers who are proving their merit
This ensures that most anglers walk away with prize money and/or as assortment of small fishing tackle items.
Anglers are encouraged to register at the new amended time of 8:15am onward before getting down to the business of catching the big one. Participants can cast off from the new start time of 8:30am and continue until the new close of competition time at 11:30am.
Streaky Bay Tourism encourages a catch and release policy for the event.
A sausage sizzle and refreshments will be available from 9:30am with proceeds going to Streaky Bay Tourism. Killas, Streaky Bay will sell bait onsite for a bargain rate so that anglers do not have to leave the competition site.
Extreme weather has influenced the start and finish times of the Family Fish Day event this year.
- NEW posters have been placed at key locations in Streaky Bay today
- All members have been notified by email of the new start and finish times
- The Visitor Centre and key visitor accommodation outlets have been notified
- FLOW FM are broadcasting the new start and finish times
- Communication of the new start and finish times are on streakybay.com.au and social media
For all enquiries contact Jayne Holland on 0477 003 540.
Streaky Bay Tourism acknowledge Killas, Streaky Bay, the Streaky Bay Community Hotels Grant, major sponsor and Shimano, Neptune Tackle, South Australian Fishing Tackle Agencies, SA Bait, Donald & Janet Williams and; Bronte Williams for the use of his trailer. Thank you in advance to the wonderful volunteers.
Feature image: Licensed copyright to RDAWEP, Photo by Robert Lang
Family Fish Day 2018 is a part of Visible: A joint initiative of Streaky Bay Tourism & the District Council of Streaky Bay in partnership with the communities of the Streaky Bay region.