Visible Art Residency
January 2, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
‘Visible’ a bold new art residency under lights on the stunning foreshore in Streaky Bay will be held at night under lights from Tuesday 2 – Saturday 6 January 2018!
Streaky Bay Tourism are asking locals and visitors to join a creative and vibrant hub of innovative community artists who want to collaborate with you to deliver FREE spontaneous and interactive art experiences at the jetty ‘cutting’ and platform area between 6 and 10pm each night.
Be curious, engaged and connect with workshops in:
- ‘Flow’: A Connection to Place, water vessel workshops and a floating jetty installation with highly regarded visual artist Annalise Rees
- ‘Float’: A beach studio space of live ephemeral and intuitive abstract painting, installation and video with extraordinary community engagement artist Henry Jock Walker
- ‘Blue’: An interactive performance in the beach environ with theatre, music and installation focusing on everything ‘Blue’ with performer Kaspar Schmidt Mumm
- ‘Expose’: A Light Painting workshop and projections with digital artist Cam Edson and;
- ‘Vibre’ workshops creating with textiles, fibres, rope, recycled marine debris and crab pots to create jetty Guerrilla installations with popular local artists Leah King and Lauren Karp.
On Saturday 6 January 2018 between 9-10pm a public art projection will display the outcomes of the light painting workshops at the Visible site.
Jayne Holland, President Streaky Bay Tourism says, “Our group are excited about this arts in tourism project at a peak time of year. The Visible Residency will provide free creative and fun activities for families, artists and people of any age at night when it’s cooler. Streaky Bay Tourism was the successful recipient of Step Out funding for $20,000 from the Regional Arts Australia through Country Arts SA and $2,000 through the Community Grants Fund from the District Council of Streaky Bay. In addition, a working group of tourism, community and council people are currently expanding on the Visible Festival concept to harness existing events and encourage new events. This will come into effect for the 2019 Festival season and our group look forward to facilitating that process following this event.”
Pre-registration for Light painting workshop only
Pre-registration for the Visible Light painting workshops is required with a 4-6 hour commitment over 5 days as follows:
- Day 1: Prepare indoor workspace, intro to long exposure photography, concept of pre-visualising outcomes, understanding/ creating light direction, techniques for painting with light. Discuss and scout locations for night shoots.
- Day 2-4: Night shoots for beginner level to advanced and animated light painting. Processing images, video editing, viewing results/copy files; strategies for managing large file sizes and; adjusting, fine-tuning and preparing images.
- Day 5: FREE Projection of rough edits at festival site from 9-10pm
Keen photographers and artists are encouraged to register your interest for the Light Painting workshop with Jayne Holland at the earliest convenience – Only 12 spots are available.
Registrations will be onsite for all other art activities.
Help out by collecting milk cartons and marine debris rope and netting
Participants are asked to help out by collecting and providing marine debris ropes and fishing net (only) and washed 1 litre cardboard milk cartons.
- Jayne Holland
- Streaky Bay Visitor Centre
- 21 Bay Road
- Tues – Thurs
- 11am-12:30pm and 1:30-5pm.
For more information contact:
0427 706 454
Streaky Bay Tourism acknowledges the support of Regional Arts Australia Step Out funding through Country Arts SA; the Community Grants Fund of the District Council of Streaky Bay and; ArtsUp, Streaky Bay.
Feature image: Cam Edson