Eyre Peninsula, Australia’s Seafood Frontier
The Eyre Peninsula boasts some of the most unique food and wine experiences in Australia. Visitors can discover the region’s culinary adventures in our latest guide.
Eyre Peninsula’s pristine environment supports a diversity of high quality local produce, including the largest commercial fishing fleet in the Southern Hemisphere, producing over 60% of the state’s seafood harvest.
The region’s agriculture industry also produces more than 30% of the state’s agricultural and meat harvest. In addition, Eyre Peninsula also boasts a boutique food industry producing honey, olives, fudge, dried fruits, just to name a few. With more than 2000km of pristine coastline, quality seafood is the region’s hero.
The Eyre Peninsula Seafood Trail will lead you on a journey from Whyalla to Ceduna, with amazing opportunities to discover, taste and purchase our delectable seafood. Oysters, abalone, prawns, mussels, kingfish, tuna, rock lobster and countless other ‘to die for’ cold-water fish are the local celebrities, which are enjoyed by seafood connoisseurs from around the world.
The Eyre Peninsula Culinary Adventure Guide puts you in the driver’s seat, allowing you to decide on your participation level, from tasting local produce at one of our many restaurants to meeting the producer and gaining an in depth “product to plate” experience.
So welcome to the unique and sumptuous food bowl of Eyre Peninsula and enjoy your culinary adventure!
12 Alfred Terrace, Streaky Bay
- Specialising in a variety of freshly processed local seafood from the pristine cool waters of the Great Australian Bight.
08 8626 1161
FISHFIX POP-UP FOOD VAN
- A street style fish ‘n’ chip van serves fresh fish on site at 12 Alfred Terrace.
- FISHFIX is open between October and May each year.
- Refer to Facebook for specials and opening times.
51 Wells Street, Streaky Bay
- Bayfunktion showcases Eyre Peninsula seafood, food and produce sourced from regional businesses. The menu features high quality local flavours and a hero of the day dish. The funky cafe offers FREE Wifi.
08 8626 1740